Monday, July 13, 2009

The Search for Germany's Next Top Döner: Bereket Döner Kebab

As the first stop on my quest to find the perfect Döner kebab, I stopped at Bereket Döner Kebab (Pilgrimstein 31) for a kleinen Döner mit Käse, alles drauf, mit Knoblauchsose und ein kleines bisschen Scharf. It was quite busy - probably due to the Stadtfest that was going on in Marburg this weekend. However, I was able to find a place to sit and eat my kebab in peace. The shop is small but gemütlich, and the staff is reasonably friendly. The Döner itself was pretty satisfying and sets a good standard for comparison. More reviews to come!

Waiting time: 15 minutes
Service: Good. A bit slow, but pretty friendly for as busy as they were at the time.
Price:
€4,40 for a small Döner + a small Sprite
Size of Kebab: Very good. I ordered a small Döner, and what I got was still enough for the husky appetite. I hate to think how big the regular-sized Döner would be.
Meat Quality:
A bit dry. (But I think I got the tail-end of the Dönerspieß.)
Toppings: Lots and lots of toppings. A large part of them fell out when I set down my plate on the table (see left). This could be partially due to operator error, however.
Sauce: Knoblauchsose (garlic sauce) - very tasty!

Overall impression: Worth another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment